The 10 Best Antivirus Solutions For Mobile Phones
Norton Mobile Security is an intuitive security app for iOS devices that has all of the essentials for keeping your device safe online.
- Web protection — Detects malicious and phishing sites in browsers, apps, text messages, and emails
- Wi-Fi scanner — Alerts you when you connect to an unsecure Wi-Fi network
- Device security — Notifies you when your operating system is out of date and needs to be updated
- Excellent Phishing detection features
- Customer service is not immediate
|$39.99-$99.48 per year, Free trial available
Norton offers an excellent security app for iOS users. It offers excellent parental controls, a VPN with unlimited data, and a secure password manager for iOS users.
Interested to know how Norton can protect your mobile and desktop devices? Visit our comprehensive Norton Review.
McAfee Mobile Security can be used on any iOS device. It has a common set of tools but also a few things which other providers don’t have.
- Anti-theft feature will let you locate your device and activate the alarm even if its battery is almost out
- CaptureCam feature will email you a photo of the person striving to get access to your storage
- Storage and Media Vault
- Bonus features include automatic contacts backup, remote wiping of contacts if your device is stolen, and a battery indicator that allows checking your iPhone battery level on your Apple Watch
- Phishing detection rates are low
|From Free - $79
McAfee doesn't consistently get the best marks from the independent labs, but it seems to be improving.
Learn more about how we tested and rated this software provider in our full McAfee Review.
TotalAV iPad gets your iPad optimized in no time. TotalAV is one of the most cost-beneficial antivirus software for iPad tablets. It is easy to use and includes a free full iOS system virus & security check.
- Photo and space optimization
- Battery Monitor
- Impressive protection capabilities
- User-friendly interface
- Web Shield requires separate installation & supports only Chrome and Firefox
|From $19 - $59/year
TotalAV has a lot to offer. The antivirus solution offers impressive packages and reviews that make you think it is a strong player in the competitive antivirus software market.
Want to know more? Visit our TotalAV Review and find out how we reviewed and rated this leading software provider.
Avira for iPhones is another provider of effective security solutions (Avira review). And it is ready to protect your iPhone too.
- Phishing protection
- Anti-theft tool
- Alerts for hacked accounts
- Malware Protection
- Does not compete with iOS built-in malware detection tools
- Phishing protection does a good job of blocking malicious websites
|Free with in-app purchase
Avira Mobile Security is a versatile suite that uses multiple layers to protect you from web-based and other dangers. While the basic version is free, you can upgrade to the Mobile Security Pro version and/or add identity protection with web protection.
Check out our full Avira Review and learn more about how this provider could help you secure your mobile devices.
Avast offers free protection for the iPhone and iPad, but they do have a paid-for tier that brings you extra protection.
- Media Vault — it offers some of the same protection that McAfee Security offers
- Basic malware protection
- Internet Security
- Identity Protection
- Wi-Fi security
- Lots of features
- Performance boosting capabilities
- It’s free!
If you're looking for the best iPhone antivirus app then you probably can't get better than Avast Security & Privacy. Avast remains the leading provider of security and anti-malware solutions on desktop, and its mobile apps come with a similar degree of power and trust.
All the necessary info about features, anti-malware capabilities, pricing and lab test results of this software provider could be found in our detailed Avast Review.
Can I Use A Malware Scanner App For My iOS Device?
Due to security restrictions on iOS, you do not get a separate malware scanner for iPads and iPhones. No app can scan the system or other apps for malware. Apps are not allowed those kinds of permissions, for this reason, it is not possible to install a malware scanner for iPad or an extra iPhone malware app.
What you can do is, rather install an antivirus app that includes malware protection as a built-in feature or follow basic steps to keep your iPhone and iPad safe from malware.
As you can see, there is a lot of excellent antivirus protection for the iPhone and iPad to choose from. You can now make the best decision and choose the best antivirus for iPads and iPhones with our recommendations and make sure your data is extra secure!