The Best Antivirus for Gamers 2020
Avid gamers can’t deny that the device’s performance is of the utmost importance when it comes to a seamless gaming experience. This is why most gamers compromise on security and avoid using antivirus to protect the device from malware and other threats.
Luckily, with advancements in technology, cybersecurity companies have started building antivirus solutions with dedicated gameplay features. These products ensure that your device stays protected without any impact on performance.
Read on to learn more about the game mode and the best antivirus for gaming in 2020.
Can’t Wait To Get Your Gaming Antivirus Now? See Our Top 5 Picks
The best antivirus for gamers will have the perfect balance between performance and protection. After testing dozens of security solutions, here are our picks for the top five gaming antivirus products of 2020 that you should check out:
- Webroot - Minimal CPU impact, system optimizer, and other features packed into a cloud-based antivirus suite built exclusively for gamers
- Avast - Prioritizes the CPU focus on the game you’re playing while muting incoming notifications and pausing updates
- Norton - Multiple modes for optimized performance as per need. It runs in the background providing fast-scanning while you’re playing
- Avira - Allows you to pause all alerts and updates while the antivirus engine and firewall protection runs silently in the background
- Bullguard - The first company to include a gameplay mode in its security solution. Allows you to create multiple profiles for a seamless experience and provides history logs
The Best Antivirus for Gaming PC
PC gamers want protection from digital threats without having to endure pop-ups and slowdowns. While most traditional online defense solutions consume a lot of the device’s memory, antivirus for PC gamers includes dedicated features for those engaged in online sport.
When choosing the best antivirus for gaming, here are the features that you must consider:
- Should have a fast antimalware-scanning engine that runs silently in the background
- Offers a dedicated gameplay mode/autopilot mode that blocks all notifications, alerts, and updates during gameplay
- It’s lightweight and doesn’t consume much of the system’s resources
- Provides value for money
- Is user-friendly and allows you to customize and adjust the settings as needed
Antivirus Software With Game Mode
Gaming mode temporarily blocks notifications, system alerts, and updates while you’re in a game or doing any other task. Hence, it allows you to enjoy a seamless online experience while protecting your device from threats in real-time.
Here’s how this feature works in each of the brands we listed above:
Webroot gaming mode allows you to enjoy PC games without any interruptions or lags. It optimizes your computer while protecting you from online threats and loss of personal data. The company claims to use industry-leading endpoint technology that doesn’t hog system resources.
One of the standout features of this security solution is that it doesn’t need a dedicated ‘gamer mode’ because it works in the background by default
Read the detailed review of Webroot antivirus