Best Antivirus With Parental Controls: A Detailed Comparison
It’s becoming increasingly difficult to disconnect kids from the digital world. Parents are constantly seeking out the best antiviruses with parental controls to limit internet usage time and block access to unsafe sites.
Fortunately, many solutions deliver robust controls designed to supervise use, track activity, and restrict certain behavior.
Read on to discover the top solutions for keeping children safe online.
Bitdefender Total Security
The Bitdefender Parental Control extension gives you complete authority over what websites your kids can visit. It also provides detailed records of their browsing history to ensure they can be monitored and stick to limits.
Here are its key features:
- Creates detailed activity reports for the websites visited
- Sends alerts regarding the activity daily, monthly, hourly, or even weekly
- Tracks activity on all social media platforms
- Easily restrict or block particular contacts, online bullies, and incoming messages
- Blocks suspicious text messages and calls with a single click
Bitdefender premium plans start with a minimum payment of $29.99 for the first year.
Norton Premium Security
With amazing parental control facets, Norton ranks among the best security packages for internet security.
Check out its amazing features:
- Allows you to schedule when children can access the internet
- Provides built-in tools that block and restrict unsuitable websites
- Sends you alerts regarding the sites visited by children
- Gauge how long the kids spend on social networks
- Complete supervision of every website and link visited
Norton Premium Security is available at different prices ranging between $39.99 to $299.99 per year depending on the number of covered devices.
Safe Kids By Kaspersky
Safe Kids comes with everything parents are looking for to keep their kids safe and secure online.
Detailed below are some of its essential features:
- Automatic and quick notifications regarding your children’s activities on the internet
- Supervises and blocks particular applications, social sites, and websites with suspicious content
- Helps in managing apps and websites that are safe for kids
- Choose the times of the day you’re willing to allocate for internet and device usage
- Includes GPS safe zones
The Safe Kids antivirus by Kaspersky is available with a seven-day free trial and a purchase price of $14.99 per month.
If you need to strictly monitor your kids' PC usage, then McAfee LiveSafe is the right antivirus to invest in.
Some of the value-added features include:
- Restricts and blocks suspicious websites and applications
- Offers exceptional technical support
- Protects the entire family from the latest malware, viruses, ransomware, and spyware
- Successfully monitors the usage of any device
- Includes real-time VPN password manager, ID theft protection, and safe web browsing
McAfee LiveSafe costs $29.99 for one year and $59.99 for two years. It can cover up to ten devices.
Trend Micro Maximum Security
For families looking for complete protection on an array of devices, Trend Micro Maximum Security is the solution to go with.
Here are some of its top functions:
- Compatible with Windows PC or Windows OS
- Full protection against ransomware, malware, and viruses
- Offers an operative social media privacy scanner with active parental controls
- Includes anti-theft tools that are designed for mobile devices
- Won’t affect the speed of the computer
- Provides end-to-end security for emails, chats, and the internet
- Secures your intellectual property and private data with the help of integrated modules
Trend Micro Maximum Security is available at an affordable rate of $21.44 per year.
The Bottom Line
Cybersecurity is especially important when it comes to your children. Hence, before investing in any security package designed to protect them on the web, it’s highly recommended that you carry out a detailed comparison of the best antiviruses with parental controls to determine which is the most favorable choice for your family and budget.