How To Safely Apply BYOD Policies At The Workplace
The concept of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) has been around for some time now, but has gained much traction since COVID-19 forced companies to allow employees to work remotely. As more and more organizations implement the work from home option, a well-thought policy can help propel the mobility and satisfaction of employees in these tough times, as well as organization security.
The modern workplace is not the same as it used to be. Not all employees use the same devices or necessarily work from a common location, therefore building a blanket BYOD policy can be tricky.
Read on to find out how to apply cybersecurity measures when it comes to dispersing a workforce to several locations and multiple devices.
What Is Endpoint Security?
Endpoint Security facilitates better usage and improved efficiency of BYOD. Different devices that are capable of connecting to a network are termed as Endpoints. This includes laptops, tablets, and even smartphones. Endpoint security systems protect an entire network from different kinds of security threats imposed by endpoints connected to the network.
BYOD, antivirus protection, and endpoint security must all work in tandem for better efficiency and safety.
Here is why:
- Without Endpoint security, malware can be easily propagated to the company network using the end user’s device with an aim to steal data, place ransomware, or even access private and confidential information. Antivirus technology can only detect threats on devices while endpoint security ensures the overall network stays protected.
- An ex-employee can easily connect to the corporate network using their credentials if they have not been removed from all systems. Endpoint security adds an additional security layer to detect and block unwanted devices based on suspicious behavior, in real time.
What Is Endpoint Antivirus?
Endpoint Antivirus software protects all connected devices against malware, viruses, worms, Trojans, and even bots. This type of solution is typically installed on all endpoint devices and can be placed on either side of the firewall of an organization.
There is numerous endpoint antivirus software available in the market that is customized for small-scale businesses, massive enterprises, and personal use.
These solutions are typically linked to extensive virus signature records that will help identify threats and eradicate them.
Some of the best solutions available out there are discussed below.
McAfee Endpoint Security
This endpoint security solution is one of the best in the market. It simplifies recurring tasks in the endpoint environment by identifying and blocking threats, automating tasks, and uncovering threats with EDR technology based on AI and ML.
Some of the key attributes of McAfee's endpoint security are detailed below:
- It helps to thwart risks by incorporating behavioral analysis and machine learning. Efficient data management and visualization makes it a lot more useful than many other solutions.
- Multiple functionalities such as cloud analytics, scanning, and auto-containment play a vital role in improving efficiency.
- EDR technology (Endpoint Detection and Response) makes the process of automated investigations a lot easier.
- It can automatically fix malicious changes caused by the threats.
- It involves machine learning capabilities to detect threats easily.