Overview of REVE Antivirus
REVE Antivirus launched in 2014 by The REVE Group, a Singapore based company with a focus on online interaction and communication. The company proudly states that its software is used in over 78 countries around the world with highly positive feedback from the majority of its customers.
How to Set It Up and Uninstall
REVE is easy to install and set up, even for beginners. This remains true for both the free trial and the full suite for registered users. The configuration is automatic and completes after the installation is finished.
- First, head over to the REVE website.
- Navigate to the download page and download the software.
- Run the executable and click next on the wizard setup screen.
- Check and agree to the terms and conditions, accept the license agreement, and click next.
- REVE will check for other antivirus programs.
- The next screen requires that you choose between the free trial, registered user option, or relocation subscription.
- Enter the necessary information and click install.
- Once the installation announces its completion, you’re all set.
- Navigate to the program’s directory and locate the uninstall executable file.
- Double-click the executable.
- Click next on the prompt.
- The program will uninstall and request that you restart the computer to finish the process.
- After restarting your computer, you’re set.
Windows, Windows Server, Mac, Linux, Android
USD Virus Scans
Automated Virus Scans
REVE Antivirus provides real-time protection. It also has automatic scans that you can set up for a schedule that works for you. It functions well for both computers and mobile devices. While it does consume a sizable chunk of processing power, it isn’t as noticeable as alternative antivirus programs.
Number of Devices
$10.00 per Year
1 PC 1 Mobile
Real-Time Protection, Anti-Rootkit, USB Scanner
$15.00 per Year
1 PC 1 Mobile
PC Tune-Up, Safe Browsing, Anti-Spam
$20.00 per Year
1 PC 1 Mobile
Remote Management, File Shredder, Duplicate File Finder
While they don’t have a discount, it does have a free trial for 30 days. This is more than enough for you to find out if it fits your needs.
Privacy and Security
Privacy - REVE lacks a VPN service. However, it stands out with its email security. It scans and secures all inbound email to ensure that they do not contain malicious files.
Security - the brand presents a powerful scanning tool and an average removal process. So, even if you can’t remove malicious files, you can still find and identify dangerous content on your computer.
Performance and Protection
REVE Antivirus works well on most devices. Its detection rate and method of malware removal are efficient and respectable.
This antivirus excels at detecting and removing malware.
Ransomware slips by REVE’s capabilities.
The software does a decent job of detecting any phishing activity.
This software finds and removes spyware quickly and efficiently.
REVE works with standard firewalls present on the operating system in use. On Windows, for example, it works with Windows Firewall.
Lab Test Results
REVE has not participated in official testing. However, user reviews point to an overall satisfactory performance level.
Ease of Use and Interface
Many consider REVE’s interface similar in both looks and functionality to Avast. And, just like Avast, this software is easy to navigate and use.
Unlike many alternatives, the antivirus has the famous triad for contacting support. These are a live chat service, an email address, and a phone line.